05 Nov UPMC Administrative Summer Residency Program 2021
The UPMC Administrative Summer Residency is a 500-hour, paid internship for graduate level students with a passion for health care management. Beginning in mid-May 2021, Summer Residents will have the unique opportunity to learn from senior leaders throughout UPMC while providing substantive contributions to their preceptors team. Beyond their pairing with their preceptor, Summer Residents frequently interact and receive mentorship from other UPMC Executives and Fellows in the Administrative Fellowship Program. The Summer Residency Program will offer opportunities to:
- Gain broad exposure to various aspects of the UPMC HSD.
- Better understand the role of the HSD as it relates to UPMC and its function as part of a fully integrated academic medical center.
- Strengthen health care experience through work on various projects.
- Observe executive-level meetings.
- Improve management, leadership, communication, networking, and analytical skills.
Each Resident will be assigned to a preceptor at the executive administrative level or above and will be exposed to different areas within UPMC. Upon successful completion of the Summer Residency Program, participants will be invited to apply to the post-graduate Administrative Fellowship Program.
The UPMC Administrative Summer Residency Program offers several unique placements designed to give Summer Residents a unique perspective on health care. The list below are placements that we have had in the past (not an exhaustive list):
- UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh operations
- UPMC Senior Communities
- Women’s Health – Physician Services operations
- UPMC Magee Womens Hospital operations
- UPMC Western Psychiatric Hospital
- Revenue Cycle and Patient Access
- UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute
- Physician Recruitment
- Pathology and Ophthalmology
- Students must be pursuing an MBA, MHA, MPH, or equivalent master-level degree. Preference will be given to students attending an accredited degree program.
- Candidates are required to be proficient in Microsoft Office software, hardworking, conscientious, self-motivated, and exemplify excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have demonstrated leadership ability through their studies, employment, or extracurricular activities.
- November 2, 2020: Application opens
- December 30, 2020: Application closes
- January 2021: Application review and interviews
- Offers will be extended to selected candidates by early March at the latest.
For more information about UPMC and the UPMC Administrative Summer Residency Program, please visit: https://careers.upmc.com/jobs/5774271-administrative-summer-residency-health-services-division
For questions, please email us at: email@example.com
To connect with us and our Administrative Fellowship Program, please find us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12267895/